Are you like to try the tater tot casserole recipe for breakfast? How to make tater tot casserole easily?
Tater Tot Casserole is a classic comfort dish made with ground beef, tater tots, Mushroom or chicken soup, veggies topped with cheese. This flavorful tater tot casserole is easy to prepare and cook in the slow cooker or in the oven.
Tater Tot Casserole is a quick and easy casserole that is classically made using cream of chicken/cream of mushroom soups. Layers of tater tots, ground beef and veggies are covered with cheese and cooked until hot and bubbly. It’s easy, cheesy, and so yummy!
Made as is for myself and my kids. My hubby won’t eat onions or veggies, so I made him one without. He loved it! He ate four servings!! My kids loved it! My 8 yr old said she almost fainted because it was so yummy. Perfect comfort food for a rainy, cold day!!
There are so many ways to make Tater Tot Casserole. I’ve seen them made with cream of mushroom soup, with taco seasoning, even pasta sauce.
I have made this casserole for years its one of my family’s favorites. The first time I used lean turkey and Cream of Celery soup. The second time I used ground beef and Cream of Mushroom soup. Of all of the versions out there, I definitely think this is the best Tater Tot casserole because it’s so easy to make and tastes good. Later I did many variations to the Tater Tot Casserole. Below I listed those variations.
Seasoned the ground beef as it was cooking (I always season when cooking ground beef). I start with a layer of tater tots on the bottom of a slow cooker (I use a 4QT CrockPot for this recipe. You can also use oven) and top it with a layer of ground beef. I bake mine in a 13×9 pan. Mixed the veggies (used whole small package) in with the meat and soup mixture then covered in cheese and put a single layer of tater tots on top and you’ve got a complete breakfast! Best quick casserole ever and so yummy!
TATER TOT CASSEROLE FLAVOR VARIATIONS:
- Tater Tot Casserole with Veggies: If you would like to add veggies you can use carrots, green beans, corn, and peas and layer them on top of the beef but below the cheese. Also, an additional 10 minutes of cooking time is required to cook these vegetables.
- Tater Tot Casserole with Corn: This way of making tater tot casserole is a traditional one and does not need any additional cooking time. Just add the corn to the onions in a final couple of minutes to warm them
- Tater Tot Casserole Breakfast: Instead of ground beef and onions, mix 8 eggs and a 1/2 cup of milk to the baking dish. Cover with tater tots, bacon or sausage crumbles, and cheese. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Tater Tot Casserole with Bacon: Cook the bacon separately and chop into pieces. Then add the bacon to the beef mixture. Add milk instead of mushroom soup.
- Mexican Tater Tot Casserole: Flavor the ground beef with a packet of Taco Seasoning. Add green beans, corn, onion, canned chilis and salsa to the top of the beef and bake for an extra 10 minutes of cooking time.
Products You Need: